Our Little Miracles

This blog is about our two little miracles, Hayden & Carson. They were born on June 19, 2006, at 1:49 and 1:51 AM. Hayden weighed in at 6 pounds and 2 ounces, while Carson weighed in at 4 pounds, 13 ounces. Keep checking back to watch us grow!

Friday, May 26, 2006

My First Mother's Day

I wasn't quite sure if this is my first Mother's Day or if next year will be. Either way, I have already been spoiled and the boys are not even here yet!! It will be hard to top this gift! But, I am sure that with their Daddy's help, they will be pretty creative and give me wonderful gifts every year :).

I woke up Mother's Day morning and Phillip brought me a card - from the boys & Charlie, of course. It was a cute little card that told me how good of a Mommy I was, and will be, and because of that, they had gotten me something. The card said to look on "our closet doors." Well, that started the scavenger hunt.

When I went into the nursery, there were 2 cute little outfits hanging on the doors with a note that said,

"Here are a couple of outfits we found that we thought we would like to get our picture taken in. We thought maybe Gran or Pops could take it with the new camera we got you. Don't worry, it didn't cost much. It is in your office."

So, I went to my office, where I found an underwater disposable camera, with a note that said,

"There is something else in Charlie's room that Goodmommy and Gooddaddy might put on us early the day of the picture."

I went to Charlie's room, which is the extra bathroom where he sleeps. In there, I found some sunscreen lotion for kids with another note. This note said,

"We are not done yet. There is a bag for you in the living room."

I went to the living room where a blue and green beach bag was waiting, filled with a couple of beach towels. Of course, there was another note. It said,

"Still going. Go look on the refrigerator to see where we want our picture taken."




When I got to the refrigerator, there was a note that said,
"This is where we want to go."

The note was attached to a picture of our hotel in Destin, FL!!! Along with the calendar that was open to September.

So, as long as everything goes well, and my and the boys' doctor says it's okay, we, along with both sets of grandparents, will be headed for Destin in early September! The boys were very thoughtful in inviting the grandparents because I cannot imagine the trip alone :).

And for some of you wondering if we are actually going to take the boys out to the beach, yes, we plan to. But, only after the sun has gone down, or is going down. I know that their skin won't be ready for the beach bum stuff just yet. As much as we love basking in the sun, we always love to go out when the sun is setting. It makes for really good pictures! Plus, it is just beautiful to look at. That doesn't mean, however, that Phillip and I won't go out for some sun if we get the chance :).

Now, I have the challenge of coming up with a Father's Day gift!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Congratulations!!! The trip sounds fabulous. You are a braver woman than I was. I hope you guys have fun!!!!

Jamie

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home