Our Little Miracles

This blog is about our two little miracles, Hayden & Carson. They were born on June 19, 2006, at 1:49 and 1:51 AM. Hayden weighed in at 6 pounds and 2 ounces, while Carson weighed in at 4 pounds, 13 ounces. Keep checking back to watch us grow!

Sunday, January 06, 2008

18 Month Check - Up

The boys had their 18 month check up on December 19th - the day they were 18 months. I don't know why, but I like to do it as close to the day as possible - maybe I'm a little OCD :). Anyway, they were both very healthy and growing like crazy. I feel bad because I don't remember the exact weights and heights (they even gave me stickers so I could remember!), but they were like 26 & 24 pounds (Hayden & Carson, respectively), and then I'm not quite sure on the height except that Hayden was still about 3/4 inch taller than Carson. I really thought (and everyone told me in the hospital when we had them) that Carson would catch up to Hayden pretty quickly, but he has been consistently 1 and 1/2 to 2 pounds lighter than Hayden since birth. There is definitely a difference in holding them!


They are getting into everything and jabbering like crazy. They are both saying "Momma" and "Dada" very plainly now - instead of "ma" and "da." They also like to climb. Because of that, they got a Kangaroo Climber for Christmas that they LOVE! I'll post pictures of that when I get the Christmas post (I know, I am way behind but I am trying to catch up). Hayden is very good to help you pick up stuff (like toys, sometimes), but Carson needs some coaxing. Tantrums are here, especially when they are tired or hungry. But, we just deal with them and move on.

Now for some pictures.

The boys still love their baths. Hayden has figured out that he can lay down in the bathtub. I think he likes the way it sounds. Carson has since tried it and likes it too. I just thought the second picture was funny, so I had to share it.



Both boys have learned to hide. Carson does it mainly to be funny. Hayden does it when he knows he's about to have to do something he doesn't want to (e.g., change his diaper, go to bed). They are pretty clever little guys. The first picture is of Carson hiding behind a mirror. The second is of Hayden most likely on his way down the hall to hide before bed.

The boys also like to run around without their clothes on, especially after their bath. I'm not sure what the fascination is, but I guess they just like being free. Here are my naked babies.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good momma you are! I am so proud of you. Adele

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home